Website Terms and Conditions of Supply
Welcome to The London Baby Store website terms and conditions of supply.
If you accept these terms and conditions, please tick the box to show that you have read and agreed to them. Please understand that if you do not accept these terms and conditions, you will not be able to order any products from our website.
We are a UK based company.
This website is only intended for use by people resident in those countries we offer delivery as detailed on our website (these are what we call the “serviced countries”). We are unable to accept orders from any other countries.
Our website is also only intended for use by consumers; that means people who want to buy our products for personal use and not for any business purposes. We reserve the right to reject your order if we reasonably think that you are buying our products for business purposes but we will contact you to discuss this first.
If you want to order any products from our website then you will need to provide us with certain details.
You will be asked to enter information such as your name, address, email address and telephone number. You are responsible for ensuring that all of the information you provide to us is true and accurate.
To ensure that your credit, debit or charge card is not being used without your consent we will carry out certain credit and fraud checks and will validate the name, address and other personal information that you give to us during the ‘checkout’ process against appropriate third party databases. If any problems arise from these checks, we will give you a call.
By placing an order through our website, you are confirming to us that:
- you are a consumer and are not purchasing our products for any business purposes;
- you are resident in one of the serviced countries (please see 1.2 for what we mean by ‘serviced countries’); and
- you are accessing our website from one of the serviced countries.
How is the contract formed between you and us?
The technical steps required to create a contract between you and us are as follows:
- You will be guided through the ‘checkout’ process by a series of instructions. If you want to correct any errors you have made, you can do so by clicking the ‘back’ button.
- You place the order on our website by clicking the ‘order now’ button at the end of the ‘checkout’ process.
- We will send you an email to acknowledge that we have received your order. This is not an order confirmation or acceptance of your order because we will have to carry out stock and identity checks first.
- Finally, we will then send you an email to confirm that your order has been dispatched to you (if you have chosen to have your products delivered to you and it is not a ‘direct delivery’ product). At this point, your order has been accepted by us and the contract is formed between you and us (unless we have notified you that we do not accept your order or you have cancelled it – please see Cancellations below).
Please note that if you place a pre-order for a product that has not yet been released by the manufacturer, we may send you an email to acknowledge receipt of your order and to confirm that it is being processed but we will only accept your order once the product has been released and we have sent you a dispatch email.
Because products may not all be stored by us at the same location, we may sometimes not be able to deliver them all for you at the same time so don’t worry if your delivery seems to be incomplete. You will still only be charged one delivery charge though. If you have any queries about your order or worry that it may be incomplete, then please contact Customer Services.
The contract will be concluded in English.
The details of your contract will be held by us. If you have a registered account with us and require any information about orders you have placed with us, you can log-in to your account here. Otherwise, please contact Customer Services.
Where you have chosen to have your products delivered to you, we can deliver your products to anywhere within the serviced countries (please see 1.2 for what we mean by ‘serviced countries’).
We will do our best to try and deliver the products to you in accordance with the timescales set out in your dispatch confirmation email. However, we cannot always guarantee that we will meet these dates due to factors beyond our reasonable control.
We will deliver the order to you at the delivery address you entered during the ‘checkout’ process.
Please note that we will deliver to the threshold of the building, but you will be required to carry the objects into your home so please ensure that there will be someone at home who will be able to do this.
If you provide us with an incorrect delivery address and your order is signed for by someone else as a result, we cannot be responsible for any loss you incur as a result so please ensure that you have entered all your details correctly.
Where the order was returned because we failed to meet the due date and/or time for delivery, then we will redeliver the order to you at no additional cost. In all other cases, you will be required to pay any additional delivery charges we incur in the order being returned to us and then redelivered to you.
If you have placed a bulk order (10 products or more) we reserve the right to use a specialist carrier to deliver to you. If this is the case, we are unlikely to be able to provide our ‘next day delivery’ service for any or all the products.
The products prices on our website are inclusive of UK VAT but exclusive of local taxes, import duties and clearances. We are not responsible for any such taxes including VAT, duties or clearances which may become payable.
The price of the products and our delivery charges will be as quoted on our website from time to time.
Products prices and delivery charges are liable to change at any time, but changes will not affect orders in respect of which we have already sent you a dispatch confirmation email.
Our website contains a large number of products and it is always possible that, despite our best efforts, some of the products listed on our website may be incorrectly priced. Where we recognise that we have charged the incorrect price, we will contact you to see what you want to do. If the pricing error is obvious and unmistakeable and could have reasonably been recognised by you as a mispricing, we do not have to provide the goods to you at the incorrect lower price.
Payments will be taken immediately on order. Payment for all products must be made by one of the methods offered during the ‘checkout’ process.
Discounts and offers
We may run special offers and/or discounts on our website from time to time at our discretion. For details of the terms and conditions of each special offer and discount, please see Promotions Terms and Conditions below. We reserve the right to terminate any special offer or discount at any time without notice (but this will not affect any orders that we have already accepted).
I’ve changed my mind and want to cancel – 30 day refund or replacement
If you change your mind or you simply want to cancel your order for any reason, then you can do so at any time either before you receive a dispatch confirmation email from us or within 30 days beginning on the day you received your products.
To cancel your order, please contact us firstname.lastname@example.org. After cancelling, if you have already received your products then you must return them to us (please see Returns below).
Where you have cancelled your order either before you receive a dispatch confirmation email from us or within 7 days after the date you receive the products, then we will give you a full refund of the price that you paid for the products and any applicable delivery charges, but returns costs shall be at your expense.
Where you have cancelled your order between 8 and 30 days after the date you have received the products, any delivery charges and returns costs shall be at your expense and we may give you a full refund of the price but there are additional terms that you must meet before we do so, as follows:
- you must have an RMA number (please see Returns below to find out how to obtain this);
- you must return the products with their original packaging or ensure that they are otherwise packaged safely. Regretfully, we are only able to accept returns on car seats or mattresses where the packaging is unopened; and
- the products must not have been used and must be in a re-saleable condition.
- We cannot accept returns on jewelry as these are sensitive items that cannot be resold once obtained.
In each case, either before or at the time you return the products to us, you will need to tell us whether you would like a replacement or a refund. Where you have not told us what your preference is, we are not obligated to contact you to find out and (where you are entitled to one) we will, in such cases, give you a refund. We will refund the price of the products in full together with any applicable delivery charges.
Where you are entitled to a refund, we will process the refund due to you as soon as possible and, in any case, within 30 days of the day that you told us you want to cancel. We will usually refund any money received from you using the same method originally used by you to pay for your purchase.
Please note that a small number of products are subject to a collection charge of £75.00 + VAT, applied if the customer changes their mind once delivery has taken place, providing the products are unopened. If the product has been unpacked or assembled, we are unable to accept it back. Products affected by this charge are marked on the respective product page
Each product is sold subject to its product description which can be found on the particular web page for the relevant product.
Please note the following with regards to all product descriptions on our website:
- we reserve the right to alter specifications without prior notice. This will not affect any orders for which you have already received a dispatch confirmation.
- all sizes and weights are given as a guide only and are approximate.
- a name given to a product is not necessarily representative of its colour, for example, Tuscan Brown is actually red. If you have a specific requirement or are unsure as to the exact colour, please contact email@example.com.
- wood is a natural product and will therefore carry minor imperfections and characteristics such as grain and colour variation and knots. These characteristics are not classed as a manufacturing fault. Manufacturers normally use different grades of wood for items such as cots or beds and therefore the finish can appear differently. Words such as “antique pine” may not mean that the wood is “antique” wood, therefore if you have a specific requirement, please contact firstname.lastname@example.org.
- accessories supplied to coordinate with the main product may differ in shade; this is normally caused by the manufacturing process and is not a fault.
If you think that any of the products you have received are defective, then in the first instance please contact email@example.com who will do their best to assist you.
You are entitled to either:
- claim on our product guarantee (see Our product guarantee below);
- claim on the manufacturer’s guarantee (see Manufacturer’s guarantee below); or
- exercise your legal rights (please see Your legal rights below).
Our product guarantee
We offer a 90 day guarantee for all products which is subject to the following terms:
- the guarantee is available to the original purchaser only (it is non-transferable) and only when accompanied with the original receipt;
- it applies to the product only and does not cover any other losses such as time or other products;
- it applies to material and manufacturing defects only;
- it only applies where the product has been used for domestic, personal use within one of the serviced countries (please see 1.2 above for what we mean by ‘serviced countries’);
- it does not cover faults caused by factors outside the manufacturer’s control including (amongst other things): failure to follow the user guide or maintenance instructions; normal wear and tear; inappropriate use (for example, a single buggy being used for two children or the use of any toddler/buggy board with a buggy); accidental, wilful and/or misuse of the product; inappropriate storage methods; inappropriate cleaning; modification, alteration and/or transformation of the product;
- it does not cover parts which are subject to normal wear and tear or fading, for example foam handles, rubber elements of wheels, pneumatic tyres or signs of fabric wear or fading;
- it does not cover pushchair accessories including (amongst other things) bottle bags, cosy toes, pushchair liners, changing bags, rain covers, canopies, mosquito nets, parasols, head huggers or neck supports;
- moving parts should be maintained on a regular basis; and
- fabric accessories may fade at different rates especially when not being used together.
If you want to claim on our product guarantee, you must return any faulty products to us (please see Returns below).
If the fault you have reported falls within our product guarantee (as described above) then we will (at our discretion) either repair the product or provide a replacement (which may be of the same model or a similar model with the same specification). This will be our only obligation for such fault (but this will not affect your legal rights – please see Your legal rights below)
Some products may come with a manufacturer’s guarantee. Where it does, we will pass on the benefit of that guarantee to you. If you want to claim on such guarantee, you will have to contact the manufacturer and follow the instructions or terms contained in the same.
Your legal rights
The guarantees provided above are in addition to your legal rights in relation to products that are faulty or not as described. Advice about your legal rights is available from your local Citizens Advice Bureau or Trading Standards office.
If you think the products are defective, you must return them to us (please see Returns below). If they are defective, then you are entitled to a repair, replacement or a refund.
Either before or at the time you return the products to us, you will need to tell us whether you would like a repair, replacement or a refund. Where you have not told us what your preference is, we are not obligated to contact you to find out. Please note that where you have used the products, we may reduce any refund we give to you to take into account the use you have had of the products since they were delivered to you. Whether you receive a repair, replacement or a refund, we will also refund any reasonable costs you may have incurred in returning the products to us. Where you have not told us what costs you have incurred, we will make a reasonable estimation. If you are not happy with any such estimation, then please contact our Customer Services.
We will process any refund due to you as soon as possible and, in any case, within 14 days of the day that you returned the products to us. We will usually refund any money received from you using the same method originally used by you to pay for your purchase.
If for any reason you want to cancel your order or any of our products are defective then you must also return the products to us as soon as reasonably practicable and, in any event, within 28 days of notifying us of the cancellation or return.
Returns can be made using either of these options:
Returns via Royal Mail or a courier
- Please email firstname.lastname@example.org to obtain your RMA number
- All orders should be returned by either Royal Mail or courier to Returns, The London Baby Store, 186 St Albans Road, Suite 105, Hertfordshire, WD24 4AS, UK;
- Please include the RMA number with your products together with either the delivery note or a print out of confirmation of your order and write out your reasons for the return on the back.
For special delivery items: collection by our specialist delivery partner
- Special delivery items are normally items such as furniture that are too large to be sent via a normal parcel or mail service. We will arrange for our specialist delivery partner to collect these items if you need to return them. Collection will be arranged when you contact us regarding your return. We will deduct from any refund the cost of collecting the goods. This is typically £40 per item for most furniture items and is the direct cost to us of recovering the item. The exact cost will be advised when you arrange your return.
Where you are returning the products because they are defective, we will refund to you the reasonable costs of the return. In all other cases, you must return the products at your own cost.
Where possible, we ask that you please return the products in their original packaging. Where this is not possible, please ensure that the products are packaged securely to help ensure that they reach us safely and in a good condition. Please note that if you are cancelling your order because you have changed your mind and you received your products more than 14 days ago, then there are stricter measures that you have to comply with when returning your product or you may not get your refund or replacement (please see I’ve changed my mind and want to cancel above).
If we fail to comply with these terms and conditions, we shall only be liable to you for the purchase price of the products and other losses that you suffer as a result of our failure to comply which are a foreseeable consequence of such failure.
Nothing in these terms and conditions excludes or limits our liability for:
- death or personal injury caused by our negligence;
- fraud or fraudulent misrepresentation;
- any breach of the obligations implied by section 12 of the Sale of Goods Act 1979;
- defective products under the Consumer Protection Act 1987; or
- any other matter for which it would be illegal for us to exclude or attempt to exclude our liability.
Neither we nor you will be responsible if we are unable to perform our obligations under the contract due to events which are genuinely beyond your or our reasonable control (as applicable).
Nothing under the contract shall give rights to any person who is not a party to it (whether under the Contracts (Rights of Third Parties) Act 1999) or otherwise.
We revise our terms and conditions from time to time. You will be subject to the terms and conditions in force at the time that you order products from us.
All aspects of the contract formed in respect of your use of our site shall be governed by English law and the parties agree to the non-exclusive jurisdiction of the English courts as far as possible. In some circumstances the laws where you are domiciled may apply and the courts where you are domiciled may have jurisdiction.
If you have any questions or complaints, please email us at email@example.com or write to us at Customer Service Department, The London Baby Store, 186 St Albans Road, Suite 105, Hertfordshire, England, WD24 4AS, UK.
Information about us
The website Thelondonbabystore.com is wholly owned and operated by Mint Edge Consulting Ltd and registered in England and Wales with number 06954318. The registered office of the company is situated at: Fidelity House, 34 St Andrews, England, SE28 8NZ. The head office of Thelondonbabystore.com is situated at:The London Baby Store, 186 St Albans Road, Suite 105, Hertfordshire, England, WD24 4AS, UK
Gift Cards Terms and Conditions
- Gift Cards are issued by us.
- Gift Cards can be activated with a minimum of £5 and have a maximum value limit of £1,000. Gift Cards can be topped up in store to the maximum value limit.
- Gift Cards may be used to purchase goods of a higher price than the amount on the Gift Card, but full payment of the difference must be made.
- No change will be given where sales transactions is for an amount less than the balance contained on the Gift Card although the balance may be applied to future purchases.
- Gift Cards are valid for 12 months from the last transaction (transactions include balance enquiries). Any remaining balance will be cancelled on expiry of the validity period.
- Gift Cards cannot be exchanged for cash or to purchase Gift Vouchers, Gift Cards, in- store events and services.
- We will not accept liability for lost, stolen or damaged Gift Cards. A record of the amount added will be given with the Gift Card.
- If any product purchased with a Gift Card (whether in whole or in part) is returned for an exchange or refund, any money refunded will be automatically credited to the original Gift Card. Please keep your Gift Card, even if you do not want to top it up.
- The Gift Card is not a cheque guarantee, credit or charge card.
- Gift Cards cannot be returned or refunded, except in accordance with your legal rights. For example, in the event they are not of satisfactory quality.
- Lost, stolen or damaged Gift Cards cannot be replaced so please look after your Gift Card just like cash.
- We reserve the right to refuse to accept a Gift Card which we deem to have been tampered with, duplicated, damaged or which otherwise is suspected to be affected by dishonest or fraudulent activities.
- We reserve the right to change any of these terms and conditions from time to time without notice and to take appropriate action including cancellation of a Gift Card if, at our discretion, we deem such action necessary (e.g. to change the scope of the Gift Card service, notify of the service’s withdrawal or in the event of circumstances beyond our control).
Promotions Terms and Conditions
All promotions including Flash Deals are subject to availability and may be withdrawn or amended at any time. While stocks last. No substitutions can be made.